SILVERSEAL can be used as an interior first coat for the following materials.
- All types of cork tiles.
- Pine species – Radiata, Baltic, Cypress.
- Particle Board
- All species of HARDWOODS. Fine sand Hardwood to a smooth finish. Hardwoods must not be burnished and grain must remain open. Accordingly, Urethane Coatings recommend nothing finer than 120 grit paper or equivalent is used to finish sanding new hardwood floors or to finish sanding old hardwood floors back to bare timber. Ensure the timber surface if free from dust, wax or oily substances.
As SILVERSEAL is highly flexible, it will virtually eliminate EDGE BONDING if it is heavily applied and worked into the seams, thereby preventing entry of the subsequent coat of MONOTHANE. Where seams are in excess of 1mm, they can be filled with a mixture of TIMBERSEAL and fine sanding dust forced into the seam with the edge of a steel trowel.
Fine sand to a smooth finish (Not finer than #120 mesh). Hardwoods must not be burnished and grain must remain open. Vacuum thoroughly. Ensure the timber surface if free from dust, wax or oily substances.
- SHAKE WELL and/or STIR THOROUGHLY
- Apply SILVERSEAL with a roller, lambs wool applicator or brush. Allow 30-40 minutes to dry. Do not return unused material to the can.
- Thoroughly clean the mohair roller, lamb’s wool applicator or brush in URETHANE COATINGS CLEANING SOLVENT. Dry all equipment before reusing.
- To finish a complete system apply one or two coats of MONOTHANE GLOSS or one coat of MONOTHANE GLOSS and one coat of MONOTHANE SEMI GLOSS, MONOTHANE SATIN or MONOTHANE MATT. Urethane Coatings CATALYST may be added to the first coat of MONOTHANE GLOSS to accelerate curing.
NOTE: SILVERSEAL may also be coated with DUOTHANE PART A / DUOTHANE PART B, DUOTHANE FAST A / DUOTHANE PART B, or TUNGSEAL.
10m² per litre. URETHANE COATINGS THINNERS may be added if TIMBERSEAL has thickened, or if a higher coverage and a thinner coat is required.
This product is best if used within 12 months from manufacture (refer to batch number), when stored in unopened containers under normal conditions of temperature and humidity.
Usage of this material must be under well ventilated conditions to minimise inhalation of vapours. Wear respirator with filters that conform with AS1716. Asthmatics, the very young, elderly people and pets should leave the site during the first 24 hours. Prevent skin contact by wearing impervious gloves. Breathing of vapour is harmful and may cause lung irritation and allergic respiratory reaction. May irritate skin and eyes. Keep container firmly lidded, as this product cures when exposed to air. In case of spillage, absorb into dry sand or dirt. Remove from work area and cover with water for 24 hours prior to disposal.
Contains 550gms per litre of Aromatic Hydrocarbons. This drum contains volatile and flammable solvents and when using contents adequate ventilation to the outside must be provided. All potential sources of ignition (open flames, pilot lights, furnaces, spark producing electrical switches, etc.) must be eliminated in or near the working area. DO NOT SMOKE. Keep drum closed when not in use.
If affected by inhalation of vapour, remove to fresh air. If breathing difficulty persists or occurs later, consult a doctor and have label ready. If swallowed, do NOT induce vomiting. Give water or milk. CONTACT DOCTOR OR POISONS INFORMATION CENTRE Australia 131126. In case of eye contact, flush immediately with water for fifteen minutes and call a doctor. In case of skin contact, remove contaminated clothing and wash skin first with Methylated spirits, then with soap and water.